Meeting Rooms @ Washington Public Library
In the spirit of providing a public forum to the community, the Library offers access to 2 meeting rooms, a conference room, and a workroom. Library meeting rooms are made available to the public on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting their use.
Can My Group Meet Here?
- General Guidelines: Meeting rooms at the Washington Public Library are intended for informational, educational, and cultural purposes.
- Commercial Groups & Activities: Meeting rooms are not available for the sale of merchandise, for solicitation of later sales, or for order placement, except by the Library or non-profit groups. Non-profit groups engaged in such commercial activities or those charging for events, along with all commercial groups, will be charged the rental costs listed below.
- Endorsement: Use of the Library meeting rooms does not imply endorsement by the Library, Library staff or Trustees of the viewpoints presented. Meeting room users agree not to imply any such endorsement in promotions leading up to the event or during the event.
- Performances: Performances (musical, theatrical, etc.) must receive prior permission from the Library Director and must not be disruptive to normal Library operations.
- Political Groups: Forums or informational meetings for potential elected officials, or for political parties, are allowed. Fundraising of any kind is expressly prohibited.
Our Meeting Rooms Offer…
- Flexible set-up
- Complimentary use of library equipment
- Plenty of free parking
- Wireless Internet access
- Library meeting rooms are free to use for non-profit groups, government entities, and political groups, although we do accept donations. Please see visit the Library Foundation page for more information on making a donation to the library.
Nicola-Stoufer Room -- Media-enabled & connected to Kitchenette
Washington State Bank Room -- removable wall
Wolf Conference Room -- Great for small meetings
ReBook Room / Lower Level Meeting Room -- A nice workroom
- Reservations: Reservations can be made in-person during normal Library hours or by phone (#319-653-2726) or email: email@example.com. Although the room(s) will be considered reserved, access to the room(s) will only be granted after receipt of any required fee and a .
- Available Hours: If the use of the meeting rooms is to extend beyond regular business hours, notice must be given to the Library staff prior to the beginning of the meeting and arrangements made between the staff and the users of the room to ensure the security of the building. Access to the meeting rooms at a time when staff are not scheduled will not be granted, with the exception of Library programs, music recitals, and City of Washington meetings.
- Cancellations: Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting, or all fees paid will be forfeited. The Library reserves the right to limit reservations from groups who have 2 no-shows in the past year.
Room Information & Costs
(for Commercial groups & Non-profit groups engaged in commercial activities):
|Room Reserved||Up to 4 Hours||All Day||
|Washington State Bank Room||$40||$75||45 / 40|
|Nicola-Stoufer Room||$40||$75||80 / 55|
|--Combined||$80||$150||125 / 95|
|Kitchenette (attached to N-S Room)||$20||$25||n.a.|
|Lower Level / ReBook Room||$20||$25||49 / 26|
|Wolf Conference Room||$25||$30||12 / 8|
*These are figures given to us by our Fire Marshall. Depending on the use and configuration of tables, the room(s) may not fit this many people comfortably. Users are asked to visit the room(s) ahead of time. The Library owns 15 tables (dimensions: 5’x2½’) and 88 chairs that can be used for events.