Alexandria Catalog Tips
An overview with tips for our new catalog!
Welcome to Alexandria, our new library catalog system! We hope that you find its tools helpful for finding and tracking the information and resources that you need to get the most out of your public library. Here are some tips to get started:
- You can log in to your account by clicking on the words at the top of the page. Your library card number is your ID and your last name is your password.
- Here you can see your contact information, your current check-outs, your holds, any charges or fines, and your check-out history. We do not reserve books for specific dates so that tab will be blank.
- You can print your check-out history if you want to have it as a reference.
- If you are wondering about the little picture in the upper left corner, that just lets us know your gender at a glance.
- To search for an item, type the keyword in the search bar below your name and/or the library name. Hit Enter to search by title or select another button for different searches.
- Click on 'Filter' first to restrict your search by medium (fiction, non-fiction, magazine, audiobook) in the drop-down menu.
- Click on 'Simple' and select 'Advanced' to search by more than one keyword at a time. Different parameters can be chosen from the drop-down menus.
- Once your results come up, click on 'Title' to select how they are ordered. They can be listed by author, series order, or other options.
- Add an item to a saved list by clicking 'Add to List' on the right side of the item's information.
- Click on the list name in the left column to see the items you have saved.
- You can make a list with a new name by clicking on the '+' symbol.
- Click 'Home' or 'New Search' at any time to return to the home page.